By making simple changes in our everyday lives, we can improve the planet we all share. To help each one and everyone across the globe here’s is the world’s best and only Green Venture Capitalist Ian Adlington,CEO, New Carbon Economics and Newport Capital Group, Los Angeles, USA shares some useful yet simple Green Tips.
- Plant an herb garden. It’s good to have a reminder around of where our food originates, and this one is super easy.
- Switch all your lightbulbs to CFLs (or at least switch a few).
- Create a homemade compost bin for $15.
- Switch one appliance to an energy efficient model (look for the “energy star” label).
- Stop using disposable bags. Order some reusable bags—my favorites are Flip & Tumble. Or, make your own—they’re insanely easy.
- Buy an inexpensive reusable water bottle, and stop buying plastic disposable bottles. Then watch The Story of Bottled Water, a short movie about the bottled water phenomena.
- Wash laundry in cold water instead of hot.
- Turn off lights when you leave the room.
- Don’t turn on lights at all for as long as you can—open your curtains and enjoy natural light.
- Drive the speed limit, and combine all your errands for the week in one trip.
Ian Adlington says “The thing I love most about practicing green alternatives in my home is that nine times out of ten, they are the more frugal option. And I love being frugal. Being environmentally-friendly is just good economics and we at New Carbon Economics promote and create financing mechanism that allow business and countries to reduce their emissions.